Coconut oil has been making its way around the fitness world in a hurry. Unfortunately this oil has been disguised as something healthy. Now don’t get me wrong there are more than hundreds of ways to use this oil and gain benefits, but none of these benefits include nutrition. Hoping to quit this myth with a little bit of information, but then show you a few other ways to use Coconut oil that do not include your nutrition.
Why is Coconut oil bad for my nutrition?
- As you can see in the list provided below, it is breaking down the fat composition in different cooking oils.
- Now were you a little stunned to see coconut oil all the way at the bottom of the list and almost completely 92% saturated fat?
- For the longest time Health Professionals have told us that saturated fats are extremely unhealthy and we should pretty much avoid them. This health fact about saturated fats has not changed, check out all the facts about Saturated Fats here.
- Even though when you use coconut oil in your food, you see that some of the benefits like softer hair and smoother skin can occur. But is that really worth your overall health?
What are the other uses for Coconut Oil?
What if I told you that you can still receive some of the benefits of coconut oil, without the terrible health hazards of ingesting it. Below is a list of other uses for coconut oil that are both beneficial and healthy!
- Body Butter
- Homemade body butter recipe uses melted raw shea butter and melted coconut oil.
- Combined the two liquids in a large bowl you can use for mixing and cool for 10 minutes in the freezer.
- After adding your choice of essential oils mix the liquid with a hand mixer until the desired thickness.
- You can spice up the mix with a little soap coloring.
- Body Scrub
- Mix together coconut oil, white/coconut sugar, and your preferred essential oil scent.
- Try adding soap coloring for fun colors!
- Body oil
- Just take a little bit of the coconut oil and rub it in your hands to help melt down the oil. Then proceed to rub the oil on your body for great moisturizing and wrinkle prevention.
- Sunburn Relief
- Rubbing coconut oil on irritated skin can calm it down and reduce redness, leaving you a lovely tan with no peeling.
- Massage Oil
- Combined Melted coconut oil with a few drops of your favorite essential oil scent. Not only relaxes the muscles but also is hydrating for the skin.
- Shaving Gel
- Get a closer and smoother shave when using coconut oil. Using the oil not only prevents ingrown hairs but razor burn as well.
- No other products needed either, just rub on the coconut oil, shave, then pat dry. That’s it!
- Stretch Marks
- Using coconut oil can help reduce the appearance of stretch marks left behind. It is recommended that you use this oil twice a day when you are pregnant on your belly to prevent and diminish all stretch marks!
- Skin Conditions
- If you are someone that has a skin condition like eczema or psoriasis, using coconut oil regularly can help alleviate the symptoms because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Cuticle Oil
- Rubbing the oil onto the cuticles will help soften them and make it easier to push them back or cut.
- Hair Moisturizer
- Melting the coconut oil into the palms of your hands, massage the melted oil into your hair for soft, moisturized hair.
- Using this regularly can help you prevent split ends or damaged hair.
Here are only 10 of the hundreds of benefits that come with using coconut oil. Ingesting coconut oil is terribly unhealthy, do not add coconut oil to any of your recipes! Use coconut oil for its many other benefits it has to offer!
Keep living that healthy lifestyle!