Look we all have been there, sometimes there is just not enough time in the day, gyms membership prices getting steep, or there just simply isn’t a gym close by. Well thankfully with some research and creativity I have come up with a great sequence of different Leg exercises that most do not even require weights! So they are super easy to do at home, no more excuses. You can achieve those sexy, youthful, and toned legs you’ve always wanted!
Try these workouts twice a week while intermingling other workouts throughout the remaining week for a more overall healthier, toned, and sexier body.
- 10 Regular Body weight squats
- Stand with your head facing forward and place your shoulder-width apart, if not slightly wider.
- Sit back and down like you’re sitting into an imaginary chair trying to maintain an even weight in the feet.
- Engage your legs and bottom and lift yourself up as if you were getting out of the chair and back to starting position.
- 15 Donkey Kicks
- Begin on your hands and knees with your torso parallel to the floor. Engage your abdominal muscles and draw them in towards your spine.
- Lift one leg up behind you while keeping your knee bent, a 90 degree angle if possible, and raise your leg until it is in line with your body, if not a little higher.
- Make sure to keep your foot flexed and that it is parallel to the ceiling.
- 15 Fire Hydrant
- Position yourself on your hands and knees on the ground, just as the position before.
- Keeping the knee in a bent position move your knee away from the body.
- You’ll almost look like a dog lifting its leg, hence the name.
- Pause at the top of the motion, and then slowly return to the starting position.
- 10 Alternating Lunges
- Standing tall with your toes facing forward, and your feet should be spaced around one foot or so. Then place one foot in front of you and the other behind you.
- Lower your back knee to the ground and trying to form a 90 degree angle with the front leg. Try not to touch the ground with your back knee!
- Then while keeping your legs and glutes engaged lift yourself back up to starting position.
- 10 Jump Squats
- Starts the same as the regular squat except on your way up your going to burst yourself up with a nice jump and reach your hands as high as you can.
- 15 Laying Side Leg Lift
- Lay yourself down on one side. The arm that’s closest to the floor should be extended straight above your head and shoulder, while your other arm is bent with your hand placed on your hip.
- Your legs should be extended and stacked on top of each other.
- Slowly raise your top leg as high as you can then return your leg to the beginning position.
- 10 Sumo Squats
- Stand with feet wider than shoulder-width apart. Also your toes should be slightly turned so that they are facing out.
- Push your hips back and squat down, it’ll feel like you’re just lowering yourself down. Also make sure to keep your chest up and knees out to ensure proper form.
- 1 minute Wall Sit
- Standing about 2 feet away and back facing the wall, and standing shoulder width apart, sit yourself back as if there is a chair there and lean your entire back onto the wall for support.
- Try to lower yourself down so that you are forming a 90 degree angle with your legs at the knee.
- 20 Standing Calf Raises
- While standing with your feet shoulder-width apart, slowly lift yourself by shifting all your weight from your whole foot to the front pads of your feet.
- Then slowly lower yourself back down to the floor and repeat.
Level 1- Repeat 2 times
Level 2- Repeat 3 times
Level 3- Repeat 4 times