In my life, before ‘Fitness Tidbits’, I enjoyed a plethora of delicious foods. When I started the change over to the healthy lifestyle I noticed I was cutting a lot of food out that were honestly hard for me to give up. Chicken Alfredo being one of them! So after spending the time trying out different combinations of ingredients I was finally able to find the perfect recipe that’s just as delicious as real Alfredo!
This recipe makes 4 servings.
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cooked and cubed (seasoned to taste, usually just salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder)
- 2 Cups Steamed broccoli
- 4 servings of Whole Wheat Pasta
- 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 2 Tablespoon Flour
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Boil Pasta till it’s cooked through all the way. Although, before draining the pasta reserve 1/2 Cup of the water to the side for later use.
- Heat the Olive oil in a medium sized skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, stir constantly until it is a medium brown.
- Then sprinkle the flour into the skillet and whisk to incorporate the two ingredients and continue to cook for one minute.
- Slowly mix in the chicken broth and then the milk.
- Continuing to whisk add in the plain Greek yogurt, salt, and pepper until blended.
- Turn down the heat once it is all blended together. Let the mixture simmer until thickened. Usually about 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the heat off once thick, add your Parmesan cheese, stir until mixed in.
- Then add your chicken and broccoli and pasta to your sauce and enjoy!
Use the 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water to try and thin the sauce out it ends up being to thick.
Let us know how this recipe worked out for you and keep living that healthy lifestyle!