Everyone is looking for little ways to lose that stubborn 5-10 pounds.
You’ve already committed yourself to working out at least three times a week and taking the stairs rather then the elevator when you can. Along with that i’m sure you’ve also tried to eat a little healthier as well, but what about to you drink?
Most beverages out there are filled with sugary substitutes and who knows what else. Normally when you think of juice, you think healthy right? But unfortunately that is not the case. Even store bought juice, most of them are filled with sugary syrups and full of unnecessary ingredients.
With the beverages listed below you will not find any sugary syrups or unnecessary ingredients. These drinks are not only delicious but thirst quenching and easy!
1. Lemon Water
- Lemon water is known for helping your digestion. The biggest lemon water benefit may be from the temperature of the water and the lemon combination. Drinking this lemon and water combination first thing in the morning can help you flush out the digestive system and rehydrate the body.
2. White Tea
- After reading what White tea can do for you, you might not drink anything else! White tea health benefits include the reduced risk of cancer, cardiovascular disease, and improvement in your general oral health.
- When drinking this tea you will notice that it has It has anti-aging properties due to the antioxidants within it. Also because of these antioxidants they help you maintain good general health and healthy skin. There has also been research that white tea protects the skin from the harmful effects of UV light.
3. Green Tea
- What helps with the green tea is that it is a lot more common now then it was a few years back, so you can find it virtually anywhere!
- Green tea is just packed with antioxidants and nutrients that have several benefits for your body. Some of these benefits include improved brain function, fat loss by getting your metabolism a jump start, a lower risk of cancer and many other incredible effects to your body.
- That’s right I said coffee! Now when I say coffee I mean coffee, not a Double Caramel Frap. from Starbucks. When you have a cup of regular coffee with no added sugars or creams it actually has many more benefits then we realize.
- Coffee has been researched to lower the soreness post-workout. They have found it has been lower by 48 % (From the Journal of Pain, March 2007 (link))
- They have also found that there is evidence that caffeine may protect against Alzheimer’s disease. (From the European Journal of Neurology (link)).
- Here is just a glimps of what coffee has to offer to your healthy lifestyle. To see even more benefits head to this link.
5. Coconut Water
- Coconut water is not only delicious and refreshing, but a low-calorie all natural beverage.
- When you drink coconut water make sure that it’s from a tender coconut. A tender on will be able to add more more nutrients to your coconut water. It’s packed with antioxidants, amino acids, enzymes, B-complex vitamins, vitamin C and minerals like iron, calcium, potassium,magnesium, manganese and zinc.
Replacing beverages such as your store bought, sugary juices and sodas can be very difficult because lets face it, they do taste good. Even though they taste good, we all know it really isn’t that good for you. That’s right even if the label says that it’s healthy and only 50 calories, turn that container around to the ingredients and see if you are still happy with your choice. Why ingest all those unnecessary ingredients if you do not have to?
Try these drink replacements and see if you can tell a difference in how you feel. Keep living that healthy lifestyle!
Featured Image found here